“My lips feel softer…has anybody noticed…No!” Rhys
Here at The Grooming Guide we know that nothing beats seeing how products work on real guys, so we asked the young men of TS Neptune Diving Centre Liverpool to head up our latest product trial, and they rose to the challenge. As the largest UK maritime youth charity The Sea Cadets offer young people between 10-18 the chance to learn new things, experience new challenges and also make friends in the process. From adventure training to sailing, Sea Cadets have the opportunity to take part in lots of great activities, all on a nautical theme.
So what better guys than Rhys, Ryan, Lewis, Eddy and Charles to put lip balms through their paces. Each guy was given a wide selection of brands and from differing price points, all that was left was to expose themselves to the elements. After two weeks of the best (and worst) of british weather…..here are the results. Thanks guys!
TOP LIP BALMS
1. Kyoku for Men Lip Fuel
“We were told not to confer but when the results were in we all agreed this was the one we would use again!” Ryan
“Left my lips very smooth and moist” Charles
2. Vaseline Lip Therapy
“Slightly thicker at first but absorbed well, and it stayed put” Lewis
“I’d use this again,its good and cheap!” Eddy
3. Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturising Lip Balm
“Soothed and calmed my lips.” Rhys
WORTH A SPECIAL MENTION
Clarins men Lip Guard
“By far the best taste!” Rhys
L’Occitane Shea butter Lip Balm
Special Thanks to Samantha Shaw
1. Our Sea Cadets in action!
2. Sea Cadets Insignia
3. Kyoku for Men Lip Fuel about £11 for 10ml at Harrods
4. Vaseline Lip Therapy about £1.00 for 20g available at Boots
5. Kiehl's Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturising Lip Balm about £11 for 15ml at Space NK
6. Clarins Men Lip Guard about £10 for 15ml at uk.clarins.com
7. L'Occitance Shea Butter Lip Balm about £7 for 15ml at John Lewis