‘Perfect for urban peacocks and colour chameleons’
Sick of slick side parts? Worried that the ‘Mad Men’ look is too sane and conservative? Then why not experiment with colour? It’s a trend that’s been bubbling up from the streets for a while and here at The Grooming Guide we can’t get enough of it! There’s something positive and uplifting about hair that can be changed according to our mood, wardrobe and even the weather. Dive in and you will be in good company; from the streets of Hoxton to the Hollywood Hills it seems like colour splash hair is the way to go!
Bright barnets were the toast of Londons first ever mens’ fashion week and were seen best at Meadham Kirchoff. Session stylist James Pecis used Fudge paintbox products ‘To reflect the edgy and street-like collection’ His 4am home-dye look using Fudge Paintbox was the perfect compliment to their first menswear show in six years. As James explains, Fudge Paintbox was the perfect product to create individual looks from model to model’. Perfect for session work – the Paintbox range gives instant semi-permanent colour without having to use bleach on the hair. To achieve the look James Pecis shares his how-to:
1. Using a tint brush, apply product straight from the tube onto the hair. The colours are just like paint, so can be mixed in the same way to achieve the desired hue.
2. To strengthen the colour, I simply added another layer on top of the first one.
3. To give the colour depth, I mixed in colours that compliment the first base coat – such as green and blue.
4. For colour that looks new and over applied – I sprayed the hair with water first, then applied the colour and encouraged it to run onto the models neck and shoulders.
5. To give the impression that the models had applied the colour themselves at 4am after a night out, I stained their hands with Paintbox colours. I did this by hand with gloves, mixing the colours onto the skin.
So guys why not create a bespoke colour and look? The formulations of these products are free of both ammonia and peroxide so are gentle on your hair. Celebrate infidelity as happily these products don’t demand long term commitment! Results lasting from 3 to 30 washes depending on your hair’s porosity and the 15 tantalising and flamboyant shades can be used alone or mixed to create bespoke looks. Dive in guys, the only thing limiting you is your imagination!
James also used the following Fudge styling products to create the catwalk looks: Hair Shaper, Fat Hed, Hair Varnish and Salt Spray.
Verdict:‘calling all chameleons’
Available:Fudge is exclusively available in salons, for your nearest Fudge salon, call
020 7845 6333
1. James Pecis at Meadham Kirchoff
2. Fudge Range available in salons call 020 7845 6333 for more information
3. Model at Meadham Kirchoff
4. Jarod Leto
5. Fudge Fat Hed Firm Hold Volumising Texture Paste £6.00 for 75g from www.lookfantastic.com
6. New York Designer Chris Benz
7. Model at Meadham Kirchoff
8. Portrait by Luc Coiffait