Clean hair is sexy hair. Modern living leaves a rapid buildup of dirt and grime on your hair, so the most important step in any hair care regime is shampooing. The best hair is hair that is clean, shiny and manageable.
CLEAN UP YOUR ACT
– Try to brush your hair before shampooing and/or give your head a quick massage (finger tips and circular motions). Both of these will help stimulate the scalp.
– Wet the hair with lukewarm water and squeeze a coin-sized amount of product into hand.
– Lather up, then smooth over damp hair and massage well into the scalp in circular motions.
– Now for the crucial part. Rinse then rinse AGAIN until the water runs clear.
Don’t be too loyal to one specific brand. Remember that your hair will build up a resistance to any product if you use it too frequently. Choose two brands that work for you and alternate.
Don’t be a flake, forgetting to rinse means the shampoo residue can dull the hair, build up on the scalp and give a dandruff-like effect.
1. No.7 Multitask Hair and Body wash
£7 200ml Boots stores nationwide
"Great 2 in 1 multi tasking product."
2. Liz Earle Botanic Shine Shampoo
£7.65 200ml lizearle.com
"Packed with powerful botanicals for high shine hair."
3. Keratase Homme Capital Force Densifying Shampoo
£14.30 250ml stockist no. 08003164400
"Best thickening effect."
4. Head and Shoulders Cool Menthol
£4.59 for 500ml at Superdrug and other leading retailers
"Classic anti dandruff formula with a refreshing twist."
5. Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo
£5.35 250ml boots and other leadng stores nationwide
"Strengthens hair roots and stimulates hair growth."
6. Area H2O Hair Care Shampoo
£9.95 200ml www.lookfantastic.com, or Debenhams on Oxford Street
"Combats the effects of mineral deposits from different water types."